A business is only as safe as the tools it uses, and one of the best tools a business can use to protect its assets is commercial auto insurance.
Although understanding insurance can be tricky, one of the first steps toward making an informed decision is to familiarize yourself with your coverage and service options. Here are three easy steps to help you determine your commercial auto insurance needs:
1. Choose an insurer with the right combination of price and service. Insurance isn’t just about price. It’s about service, too. How are claims handled? How long will it take to get your vehicle back on the road? Can you get questions answered outside of business hours or online? Know the answers to these questions. Your time is money.
2. Research your policy options. Securing the right coverage is important. A standard commercial auto policy generally includes coverage for:
- Injuries or damage that you cause
- Your driver’s injuries
- Injuries and damages caused by uninsured or underinsured drivers
- Damage to or theft of your vehicle(s)
When it comes to damage that you cause, you may be required to purchase certain limits based on who you work for. For instance, if you work for certain home builders, you may be required to carry $1 million in liability limits. Consider how much you are willing to pay out of pocket if your liability in an accident exceeds your policy limits.
3. Know how the policy is priced. You can control your insurance costs to a certain extent. To get the best rates, run motor vehicle reports on potential drivers. If you let your insurance lapse, you’ll probably pay more for your next policy. Make sure your insurance agent talks to you about discounts, including paid-in-full and renewal discounts.
Just like your customers rely on your professional skills, it’s wise to rely on a professional independent insurance agent for your coverage needs; your agent will be in your corner, taking the time to research and recommend the best options for you.
For more information about commercial auto insurance, visit www.progressivecommercial.com.
At Knapton, Reade & Woods Insurance Agency, we work hard to ensure that your business remains protected. To learn more about our NH commercial auto insurance offerings and to get a free quote, click here or call us today at 800-779-4084!